Sunday, April 17, 2011

Arthur (2011)

Genre: Comedy
Release Status:Theaters 



First thing have never seen the 1981 Arthur so I can not say if this Artur dose it any justices.Arthur is  about a drunken child in a mans body, Who almost lose everything if he will not marry Susan the women that his mom want's him too.I found this move to be top heavy.By that I mean most of the comedy was in the first haft of the movie. The jokes and ankh's in the first haft of the movie mad laugh alot. They where well though out and just fantastic. Russell  Brand was the perfected choice to play Arthur.Actually all the actor and actress in this movie fit in and worked well to gather. I can not think of one actor that I would swap out for a different one.The only down side is that Russell Brand has been in so many movie lately that some of you might be getting bored of him.

As I said before this movie is top heavy which is kinda disappointing, I found my self getting bored  during the second haft of the movie. It had you leaving the movie still wanting another burst of jokes or something that just never comes. I do see why they had to have a slower second haft to bring the story together.This movie is going to be on the list of one of the best movie this year but it will not be number 1 or anything.

The writers did a great job. They where able to put new life in the old Arthur and add newer jokes. They just did amazing job. it was actually surprising to see a remake that is this good. Most remakes are the shitest movie you will ever see. But like I said I have never seen the old Arthur so I could be wrong and it could suck compared to the old one. But on it own this movie is worth your money to go see.


Rating:7/10



No comments:

Post a Comment